Sunday 7 June 2015

Book Review: If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin

If He Had Been with MeIf He Had Been with Me by Laura Nowlin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A heart-melting story that could bring tears in your eyes once you move toward its climax. That's how I felt after reading "If He Had Been With Me" albeit I didn't cry literally.
Autumn and Finny are best friends since childhood because they've grown up together. Their mothers are neighbors and best friends for life. Evidently, Autumn and Finny had to be close. However, destiny had some other plans for them when they reached high school. Things drastically change and an unusual incident grows them apart. They move on to make friends with new people.
However, what Autumn feels for Finny and vice versa remains unperturbed. The feelings they hold for each other are real, natural and beautiful.
The story about their lives keeps you hooked to the book. I found hard not to stay glued to it because the eagerness to know what brought major change in their friendship was unnerving.
I wish to read Laura's second book which is expected to arrive by the mid of next year.
A complete heart-touching and emotional story that leave your jaws drop and make you feel empty from inside.
I would recommended YA readers to give it a read once.
Laurin, I am awaiting your next novel. Good luck! :)

View all my reviews

1 comment: