Monday 13 January 2014

My Review on 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini

A Thousand Splendid SunsA Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini...
Where shall I begin from? Khaled has mastered his writing in this book. This is so far his best work.
I was alwats curious to read this book to know why it made people so emotional and detached while reading this book? It was only then when I finished reading it and I finally realized why this book moved so many from inside.
'A Thousand Splendid Suns' is a story of two women, Mariam and Laila. Both struggling hard to cope with the difficulties in their lives.
Mariam is more unfortunate than Laila as she was an illegtimate but Laila wasn't. Laila was born in a good family, raised by both her parents.
There was so many heart breaking and emotional moments in this book which left me completely awestruck. I have read such an amazing book after such a long time.
The scenes, the dialogues, the intensity between the characters was speechless.
The chemistry between Mariam and Laila was terrific and intense. I loved what Tariq and Laila shared with each other. Their love, the sacrifices made by them was incredible.
I've noticed one thing. Even though Khaled's novels are sad, but the end is always hopeful and happy.
I would recommend this book to all of my friends. Do give this a read because only then you'll be able to know the true worth of it.
I could easily give this book 5 stars but like we know, nothing is perfect but this book is close to perfect.
Tashakor Khaled Sahab, for writing this amazing piece of work!
Hats off to you :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment