Sunday 5 January 2014


And the Mountains EchoedAnd the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was always very keen to read Khaled Housseni's work and really wanted to know why his work has become so much popular. I heard from a lot that 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' made them emotional because the story was quite intense. As reader, you can feel the intensity in the writer's work but when you someone's work from a writer's point of view, then you have to be a bit critical.
'And The Mountains Echoed' is written very well. The plot, the description of places, the characters, the scenes are all grasping and intense.
The story revolves around Abdullah and Pari, the siblings who love each other dearly and are inseparable. Unfortunately, Pari is taken away from her brother and she has to live with a new family. The bond between the brother and sister is beautiful. I loved how different characters come into the story and engulf the reader step by step.
Khaled Housseni is a terrific story teller. I would definitely want to read 'The Kite Runner' as well as 'A Thousand Splendid Suns.'
P.S: I loved the rhyme that Abdullah tells her sister all the time.
The starting quote of this book from Rumi is my all time favourite.
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
and rightdoing there is a field.
I'll meet you there."- RUMI :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment